Click here to subscribe to the Weekly Announcements email.
November 26 - December 2, 2017
A NOTE FROM PASTOR MIKE
1 Thess. 5:16-18 instructs us to "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." Basically, it is God's will for all Christians to be thankful and rejoice in His grace and goodness.
We certainly have much to be grateful for. And it is certainly true that we will either be grateful or grumble about our lives. But how do we become thankful rather than cranky? I believe in large part the answer is counterintuitive. It is often through hard times, and seeing that God is faithful, that we become thankful. Either that or we become bitter. We either learn to persevere or we progress in a downward spiral of disenchantment.
Only Jesus can change our hearts so that we live thankfully. We love God because He first loved us. God changes us as we dwell in His truth. The Spirit of God uses the sweet and powerful Word of God to transform us. If it were not for the Spirit at work in our hearts, changing us from the inside out, we would be very sour people indeed.
The Gospel tells us that Jesus died for us while we were His enemies. The Good News says that we were undeserving of forgiveness yet God granted us new life. This is huge reason to praise God. It is the reason we can be thankful people whose hearts and mouths are full of joyful praise to God for what Christ has done at the cross. As Paul put it in Philippians 4:4, "Rejoice in the Lord always, again I will say rejoice."
How can you express your gratefulness to God this Thanksgiving? May God open your eyes to many opportunities to praise the glories of His grace in Christ.
P.S. Trust the Spirit to use the Word among the people you gather with. Here's a link to our GCO Thanksgiving devotional resource. Initiate a time of engaging with others to praise God!
Pastoral Care: For any emergency pastoral care need, contact: Andrew McNeill
Stay in the loop! Text GCOALLCHURCH to 43506 to receive alerts & reminders.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: Want to serve the body and facilitate God-centered, Christ-exalting preaching and music? We need volunteers to run both our sound board and slides on Sunday mornings. No experience needed, just a heart for worship! Contact Michael Sciarra
“The Glory of Christ” devotional booklets will be available at the Info Kiosk this Sunday. Focus on celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ with your household this holiday season.
- November 26 [Sunday] Last Day to Bring back Project Angel Tree gifts
- December 2 [Saturday] Bike Repair Ministry
- December 11 [Monday] Up and Running Again training opportunity
- Jul. 2-Dec.15, 2017 - Erin Murphy: serving with YWAM, now in the Phillippines! (Music DTS)
- Sept. 28, 2017-March 18, 2018 - Bethany Ma: serving with YWAM in Hawaii (DTS) Donate here
- Jan. 2-8, 2018 - Cyprus Team Donate here
- December 2 [Saturday] It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!
- December 8 [Friday] Jr High Late Nighter
- Parents! For children’s Bible classes during second service, we have a take-home sheet that you can download each week. It is our desire to see your family grow together in the Lord and we hope this is a useful tool. Please click here and then click on the grade of your child.
ANCHORED (College age)
- November 26 [Sunday] Meet at the Clark's
THE OPEN DOOR (Post-College/Career)
- November 28 [Tuesday] Meet at the Licata's
WEEKLY AT GRACE
- [Sunday] Service Times: 8:15am | 9:45 am | 11:15 am
- [Sunday] Prayer (Modular A-1)
- [Wednesday] Park Night | Awana | Jr. High | High School
- [Friday] Prayer (Worship Center) | Men's Bible Study
November 26 - No, Not One Romans 3:9-20
GO WITH GRACE
Received to date (since 12/2014): $568K
Want to know more? Click here.
Fill out my online form.