Click here to subscribe to the Weekly Announcements email.
September 23 - 29, 2018
A NOTE FROM PASTOR MIKE
Grace Church Family,
When did you last groan? What was it about? The state of the world? The sinfulness you see all around? The many frustrations of this life? Your feeble, frail, failing body?
This Sunday we will be focused in on Romans 8:23-25, “The Groaning and The Glory, Part 2”. I want you to grasp that your hope in Christ cannot be overcome by your groaning. Groaning comes from within. Hope comes from God. Groaning has its source in us. Hope is sourced in God.
I want you to see that groaning is not grumbling (I hate the food, I don’t like my family) or gossiping (did you hear what she said, I can’t believe what he did). We will see what Christian groaning really is and how it can drive us to increasing Gospel-centeredness as God is sanctifying us and we are on the way to glorification.
P.S. Here are some things to be thinking about as you prepare and pray towards Sunday. (Read Rom. 8:18-27; Lk. 21:25-33; 1 Cor. 15:42-58; 2 Cor. 2:14-17, 5:1-15; Gal. 4:1-7; Jude 17-25)
1. What is the focal point of a believer’s inward groaning? Describe it from your perspective. How does your experience align with or diverge from Scripture?
2. Where does a believer’s groaning come from and why do we groan?
3. In this passage our adoption as sons and redemption of our bodies seem to be one and the same thing. How can that be?
4. How would you help a professing believer who says they have given up hope?
5. How does the believer’s heart cry for Christ to return shape our groaning and our Gospel-centered living while awaiting glory? (Rev. 22:20; 1 Cor. 16:22; Matt. 6:10)
Pastoral Care: For any emergency pastoral care need, contact: Andrew McNeill
Job Opening - Office Manager: Cody and Paige Skelly are moving in October for Cody to serve in the Air Force and we are looking to fill Paige’s position! Interested? Apply by Wed., 9/26. Details available here.
Go With Grace Fall 2018 Update: Read the latest here.
- September 21 [Friday] Celebration of Marriage event
- September 23 [Sunday] LifeBuilders Class new series
- September 23 [Sunday] 40 Days for Life Kick-Off Event
- September 23 [Sunday] Candlelight Christmas choir rehearsals begin
- September 26 [Wednesday] GBI: Forgotten Doctrines - God's Providence and Sovereignty
- September 30 [Sunday] Grace Bible Institute - Details here!
- September 28 [Friday] El Modena Park Ministry: Learn more here
- September 29 [Saturday] Kimberly Moore - returns from Puerto Rico
- Fountain Assisted Living Ministry: Help us provide worship services for the residents. Learn more here
- September 28 [Friday] "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" at the Attic Theatre
- October 19-21 [Fri-Sun] Men's Retreat - Registration closes Oct. 7!!!
ANCHORED (College age)
- September 23 [Sunday] Meet at the Clark's
THE OPEN DOOR (Post-College/Career)
- September 25 [Tuesday] Meet at the Slazas'
WEEKLY AT GRACE
- [Sunday] Service Times: 8:15am | 9:45 am | 11:15 am
- [Sunday] Prayer (Modular A-1)
- [Wednesday] Park Night | Awana | Jr. High | High School
- [Thursday] Women's Bible Studies
- [Friday] Prayer (Worship Center) | Men's Bible Study | Women's Bible Study
September 23 - The Groaning and The Glory, Part 2 Romans 8:18-27
GO WITH GRACE
Received to date (since 12/2014): $619K
Want to know more? Click here
Fill out my online form.