Click here to subscribe to the Weekly Announcements email.
December 10 - 16, 2017
A NOTE FROM PASTOR MIKE
We have been traveling through Romans. We have seen the awfulness of sin. Now we are looking at the awesomeness of salvation. We saw the effects of mankind's sin. And then the beauty of the Gospel: God's saving righteousness. Christ's sacrificial death. And the sovereign salvation of sinners. And in the next section we will see some dynamic results of the cross. How Christ dying serves God's purposes in saving a people for Himself.
What does Romans 3:27-31 teach a follower of Christ? How are human boasting, distinctions, and the law affected by our Savior dying for us? All this on Sunday as we see what the cross does, and exalt Christ whose death we proclaim until He comes again.
For Jesus and the Gospel,
P.S. Christmas is a great time for quality time with people. Take every opportunity to rest in the Lord, deny yourself, and bless others. Invite some people to our Candlelight Christmas Choir on 12/17 and our morning Christmas Eve services on 12/24!
Pastoral Care: For any emergency pastoral care need, contact: Andrew McNeill
Stay in the loop! Text GCOALLCHURCH to 43506 to receive alerts & reminders.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: Want to serve the body and facilitate God-centered, Christ-exalting preaching and music? We need volunteers to run both our sound board and slides on Sunday mornings. No experience needed, just a heart for worship! Contact Michael Sciarra
Vote during services This Sunday: We are proposing a change in the Bylaws as it pertains to deacons (aka Council). We want to increase the number of people serving as deacons/deaconesses to meet the needs of our growing church. Click here to see the proposed revisions (in red).
- December 17 [Sunday] Candlelight Christmas Choir (Sign up here for childcare by Wednesday!)
- December 24 [Sunday] Christmas Eve at Grace
- December 11 [Monday] Up and Running Again training opportunity
- December 13 [Wednesday] El Modena Family Christmas Party
- December 16 [Saturday] Neighborhood Outreach (Christmas Flyers)
- Jul. 2-Dec.15, 2017 - Erin Murphy: serving with YWAM, now in the Philippines! (Music DTS)
- Sept. 28, 2017-March 18, 2018 - Bethany Ma: serving with YWAM in Hawaii (DTS) Donate here
- Jan. 2-8, 2018 - Cyprus Team Donate here
- December 8 [Friday] Jr High Late Nighter
- December 20 [Wednesday] Jr High Christmas Party
- December 20 [Wednesday] NO Regular On-Campus Gatherings (AWANA/Jr High/High School)
- February 2-4, 2018 [Fri.-Sun.] High School Winter Retreat
- March 2-4, 2018 [Fri.-Sun.] Jr High Winter Retreat
- Parents! For children’s Bible classes during second service, we have a take-home sheet that you can download each week. It is our desire to see your family grow together in the Lord and we hope this is a useful tool. Please click here and then click on the grade of your child.
- December 16 [Saturday] Men's Breakfast
ANCHORED (College age)
THE OPEN DOOR (Post-College/Career)
- December 12 [Tuesday] Meet at the Licata's
WEEKLY AT GRACE
- [Sunday] Service Times: 8:15am | 9:45 am | 11:15 am
- [Sunday] Prayer (Modular A-1)
- [Wednesday] Park Night | Awana | Jr. High | High School
- [Friday] Prayer (Worship Center) | Men's Bible Study
December 10 - What the Cross Does Romans 3:27-31
GO WITH GRACE
Received to date (since 12/2014): $578K
Want to know more? Click here.
Fill out my online form.