Click here to subscribe to the Weekly Announcements email.
October 15 - 21, 2017
A NOTE FROM PASTOR MIKE
Homosexuality is addressed in Romans chapter 1:24-32. And so are 21 other sins. And this is the passage of scripture before us this coming Sunday.
What do you do when you read something in the Word and you're convinced of its truth but you fear the repercussions of others (even fellow Christians) who do not see things the same way you do?
What do you do with Biblical truth that cuts squarely against the grain of where the culture is going and where many in the Christian community are going?
What do you do with your tendency to judge others for their sins and explain away yours?
How can we lovingly, humbly, and boldly hold to the truth, speak the truth, and live the truth?
How can we empathetically journey through life with people who are all in the same sin boat as us; not condemning, celebrating, or condoning sin, but confessing our own sin and relying on God's mercy?
What if we had never heard anyone else's opinion, and we just open up our Bibles and believe them? What would happen? How would we live in response?
How can we share the life-transforming glory of the Gospel of Jesus Christ with those whose hearts and lives are diametrically opposed to God?
I believe the answers to these questions will be unfurled as we work through Romans 1:24-32 and trust God to unearth His glorious Gospel truth and transform our lives.
In Christ's strength and for His glory,
P.S. I am more and more convinced every day of three keys that unlock all of our quandaries. I'll tell you what they are on Sunday. :-)
Pastoral Care: For any emergency pastoral care need, contact: Andrew McNeill
Stay in the loop! Text GCOALLCHURCH to 43506 to receive alerts & reminders.
Nominations: It is time again to recommend people in our congregation to serve as Elders and Deacons/Deaconesses. Prayerfully consider who God may have gifted and called to serve Grace Church in one of these servant-leader positions and nominate them HERE.
- October 15 [Sunday] Candlelight Christmas Choir practice
- October 29 [Sunday] Grace Bible Institute (Sign up here!)
- November 12 [Sunday] 50th Celebration at Thanksgiving Praise Gathering (Sign up here!)
- October 15 [Sunday] Fountain Senior Assisted Living Ministry
- October 15 [Sunday] ESL Toastmasters
- November 18 [Saturday] Operation Christmas Child Packing Party
- Jul. 2-Dec.15, 2017 - Erin Murphy: serving with YWAM, now in the Phillippines! (Music DTS)
- Sept. 27-Oct. 14, 2017 - Cambodia Team: serving the youth of Battambang
- Sept. 28, 2017-March 18, 2018 - Bethany Ma: serving with YWAM in Hawaii (DTS) Donate here
- October 27 [Friday] Potluck at Grace
- October 20-22 [Fri.-Sun.] Men's Retreat
- October 17 [Tuesday] Sewing Circle
- Parents! For children’s Bible classes during second service, we have a take-home sheet that you can download each week. It is our desire to see your family grow together in the Lord and we hope this is a useful tool. Please click here and then click on the grade of your child.
ANCHORED (College age)
- October 15 [Sunday] Meet at the Clark's
THE OPEN DOOR (Post-College/Career)
- October 17 [Tuesday] Meet at the Licata's
WEEKLY AT GRACE
- [Sunday] Service Times: 8:15am | 9:45 am | 11:15 am
- [Sunday] Prayer (Modular A-1)
- [Wednesday] Park Night | Awana | Jr. High | High School
- [Friday] Prayer (Worship Center) | Men's Bible Study
October 15 - God Gave Them Up Romans 1:24-32
GO WITH GRACE
Received to date (since 12/2014): $562K
Want to know more? Click here.
Fill out my online form.