Week of Sunday, January 30th, 2022
“God's Will For You”
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Sermon Application Questions:
- How did Paul model joy, prayer, and thanksgiving? (Phil. 1:3–26; 4:4-9)
- Why should a Christian be joyful always? Give as many reasons as you can.
- How can you develop your prayer life and that of your family and friends?
- Why is prayer essential, what stifles it, and what fosters it?
- How can the complainers you know be encouraged to be more thankful and cultivate gratefulness?
- Was it a surprise to you that the three statements in these verses are actually imperative commands? How does that change the way you view them?
- Discuss this comment: “Every imperative command in the New Testament directed to believers is God’s will for believers.”