Week of Sunday, October 17th, 2021
"Joined at the Heart" 1 Thessalonians 2:17-20
Sermon Application Questions:
- Paul had a deep and genuine love for the Thessalonians. How did Jesus show his love for his disciples? Read John 21:15–25. What was Jesus teaching Peter?
- How does Paul’s love for the Thessalonians speak to leaders in a local church and really to everyone? (1 Peter 5:1-11)
- The devil is an enemy that does all he can to disrupt our spiritual progress. He prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Read Ephesians 6:10–18. How can we use God’s armour in our daily lives to take our stand against the devil’s schemes?
- Who or what is your glory and joy?
- What should our attitude be to Christ’s second coming? What is your opinion of some who seem obsessed with the return of Christ? Can you be ‘too heavenly minded to be of any earthly good’?
- How should the second coming of Christ affect your everyday behavior? (2 Peter 3:14-18)
- What hope and what warning does the doctrine of Christ’s return provide for the church? (Phil. 3:7-14; 1 John 2:28-29)