Week of Sunday, December 9, 2018
Loved Forever: Absolutely No Separation
Read Romans 8:31-39
- What things do you think/feel risk separating Christians, or creating the perception that we could be separated, from God’s Love in Christ? How do your generation’s contemporaries (believers or not) process it?
- How might you assist fellow believers in their journey to confidence in their standing in Christ?
- What’s the difference between those who sin and humbly repent and those who sin and just don’t care? (1 Cor. 5:9-13; 2 Tim. 2:16-26; Heb. 6:1-8)
- Could a true believer choose to to depart from Christ and thereby forfeit the saving love of Christ? How does v. 39 rule out that option? (1 Cor. 1:8; Phil. 1:6; 1 Thess. 5:24)
- Why is suffering as a Christian a proof of justification (2 Tim. 3:12; 1 Peter 4:12-19) and a prerequisite (Rom. 8:17) for obtaining future glory?