The Profitability of God’s Word
April 5, 2009 Speaker: Mike Sciarra
Topic: Matthew: Following The King Passage: Matthew 5:19
The Profitability of God’s Word (Matthew 5:19)
- How have you responded to God’s revelation?
- What keeps you from obeying or teaching God’s Word?
- Which “resolution” applies most to you right now?
- The Bible, God (NASB, ESV, KJV, NKJV are good word-for-word, “formal equivalency” translations, emphasizing original language’s wording. NIV is a good phrase-for-phrase, “dynamic/functional equivalency” translation; emphasizing equivalent ideas in English)
- Playing with Fire, Walt Russell, NavPress, 2000. (How the Bible ignites change in your soul)
- Scripture Alone, James R. White, Bethany House, 2004. (Exploring the Bible’s accuracy, authority and authenticity)