Romans 11:36-12:2 What We Value: God-Centered Worship
Topic: God-Centered Worship Passage: Romans 11:36–12:2
God-centered Worship: As followers of Christ we seek to worship God in all aspects of life. We are committed to multi-generational gatherings that include expository preaching, engaging music, and opportunities to pray and give to God. (Ps. 29:2; Ps. 95:6; Luke 4:8; John 4:24; Heb. 12:28)
Read and Consider
1. Read Romans 11:36-12:2. Discuss how the imperative commands starting in Romans 12:1 are built upon the indicative truths of Romans chapters 1–11.
2. Read Psalms 29 and 95. What are the blessings and results of God-centered worship?
3. Read Hebrews 12:28. How can you personally live this value to a greater degree? What shifts need to take place in your life?
4. Read Luke 4:1-8. Why was/is worship so important to Jesus?
5. Read John 4:1-26. What can you learn about a life of worship from Jesus in this passage?
o That God would be glorified.
o That you would be a blessing in your group.
o That people’s needs would be met.
o That friendships would be built and strengthened.
o That the group would serve God’s purposes.
o Pray for all our ministry partners (globaloutreach and localoutreach)
If you’re not in a home group yet, get connected!
More in What We Value
July 2, 20172 Corinthians 10:1-6 What We Value: Humble-Bold Leadership
June 25, 2017Acts 1:8 What We Value: God-Confident Outreach
June 18, 2017Matthew 25:14-30 What We Value: Christ-Honoring Service