God's Righteous Judgment, Part 2 Romans 2:1-11
Topic: Romans Passage: Romans 2:1–2:11
- Read James 5:16. Why is it so easy to judge other people for their sins but not want to confess and repent of ours?
- Read Romans 3:9-20. Why are both irreligious people and moral people guilty before God?
- Read James 2:14-21. What role do works have in giving credence to our profession of faith? What is the role of faith? What is the fruit of faith? How does Romans 2:1-11 help us understand the phrase "the obedience of faith" (Rom. 1:5 and 16:26)?
- Read Matthew 7:1-6. Why are we so prone to justify our sin while holding people to a higher standard than we are willing to be held to ourselves?
- Why does the Holy Spirit have Paul write about what people do and practice rather than what they believe?
- Read Revelation 21:1-8; 22-27. Why is immortality and eternal life (aka Heaven) as well as wrath and eternal punishment (aka Hell) so crucial for us to understand?
- Discuss the amazing nature of God's goodness seen in verse 4. While God's righteousness and wrath are understandably awe-inspiring, why is His kindness so love-inspiring and comforting? What does this tell us of the nature and character of God? And how is His kindness (goodness, lovingkindness, mercy) perfectly consistent with His wrath?
- How will living a life of repentance foster a unified church living on mission?
- How can all this encourage us to press on to know the Lord even more and more each day?
More in Romans
June 16, 2019Glimpses of a Life Transformed Romans 12:2
June 9, 2019Why God Saves Gentiles Romans 11:11-24
June 2, 2019Has God Rejected His People? Part 2 Romans 11:7-10