Let God Be True Romans 3:1-8
Topic: Romans Passage: Romans 3:1–3:8
1. Read Romans 3:1-8. How have you been able to meet people where they are at spiritually in order to preach the Gospel to them? Have you experienced people rejecting God because of the hypocrisy of those who say they are his people (Romans 2:24)? How can your life recommend God to others?
2. Read Psalm 51. How does what David says in this psalm undermine false assurance? How does Romans 3:1-8 and Psalm 51 highlight God's character and how is that comforting?
3. How do professing Christians persuade them selves that it would be unfair for God to be angry with them, even if they will not repent? How is it possible to love Christianity more than Christ? How can being baptized, taking the Lord supper, being a member of a church, knowing the Bible, and associating with the right people condemn someone?
4. Discuss the shallow thought: "It's alright to sin because Jesus died for me." What cheap idea of grace that lies behind it?
5. What advantage was there in being Jewish? (Romans 3:1-2)
6. How does Romans 3:3-8 show the advantages unconverted Jews thought they had? Why did they think God's faithfulness guaranteed them safety even if they refused to repent?
7. Reread Romans 3:1-8. How does Paul prove that God will perfectly and fairly reject those who do not repent?
More in Romans
January 13, 2019Unceasing Grief Over Unbelief Romans 9:1-5
December 9, 2018Loved Forever: Absolutely No Separation Romans 8:38-39
December 2, 2018Loved Forever: More Than Conquerors Romans 8:35-37