Justified as a Gift by His Grace Romans 3:21-26
Topic: Romans Passage: Romans 3:21–3:26
- Read Romans 1:16-17. How is Paul’s main point in those verses echoed in 3:21?
- Review Romans 1:18-3:20. How do these verses prove that there is nothing we can do to stop God from being angry with us?
- Read Romans 3:21-26. What is the central theme of this paragraph and how does Paul show it by repeating it?
- In what five spots in Romans 3:21-26 does Paul tell us he is speaking of an old truth that is now more clearly revealed in the Gospel?
- What can the law not do according to 3:20–21 and what does the old testament do according to 3:21?
- Why is faith in Christ the only way to be saved? 3:22–23.
- What does it mean to fall short of the glory of God? See Romans 1:23; 2:7; 8:18.
- What does Christ's death accomplish for us? 3:24.
- What does Christ's sacrifice on the cross prove about God? 3:25-26.
- Talk about the meaning of the cross in your own words, and spend some time responding to God in adoration, love, and praise.
More in Romans
January 13, 2019Unceasing Grief Over Unbelief Romans 9:1-5
December 9, 2018Loved Forever: Absolutely No Separation Romans 8:38-39
December 2, 2018Loved Forever: More Than Conquerors Romans 8:35-37