The Golden Chain of Salvation, Pt. 3 Romans 8:29-30
Topic: Romans Passage: Romans 8:29–8:30
- Consider once again what it means to be called according to God‘s purposes (Rom. 8:28). Is there a difference between being called by God and hearing the Gospel preached by a friend? Why or why not?
- What is the meaning of “called” in Romans 8:28 and 30? How does it fit in with Jesus’ words, “many are called, but few are chosen” (Matthew 22:14)?
- How are believers to process, think about, and understand God’s call to salvation? (Rom. 11:29; 1 Cor. 1:26; Gal. 5:13; Eph. 1:18, 4:1; 2 Peter 1:10)
- How can it be said in Romans 8:30, in the past tense, that we are “glorified” when we are not yet fully glorified? (John 17:22-26; Heb. 2:10)
- How does this give you even more confidence that your salvation is secure and free you to serve God’s purposes? (2 Tim. 2:8-19; 1 Cor. 15:50-58)
More in Romans
November 18, 2018Loved Forever: God Graciously Gives
November 11, 2018Loved Forever: God is For Us Romans 8:31
October 28, 2018The Golden Chain of Salvation, Pt. 2 Romans 8:29-30