The Son of David Matthew 1:1-17
Topic: Associate Pastors Passage: Matthew 1:1–1:17
- What does it mean that Jesus is “the Christ”? What about “the son of David”?
- Did the sermon prompt any change in how you think about Jesus? If so, how?
- What attitudes of heart and mind are evoked by the title “Christ”? Are those accurate? How should they change?
- Are there any specific areas of your life that you are not living as if Jesus is King? If you are willing, share those with the group and pray for one another.
- How does the fact that Jesus will restore this world effect how we relate to it now? What attitude ought Christians have toward the things in this world? How does this relate to John’s warning to “not love the world” (1 John 2:15)? How does that also relate to Paul’s statement that “everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving” (1 Tim 4:5)?
- Bonus (for small groups): How can our group show greater love toward one another and toward outsiders? What are some practical ways we can carry this out in 2019?