Be Subject to the Governing Authorities Romans 13:1-7
Topic: Romans Passage: Romans 13:1–13:7
1. What is subjection to governing authorities? Why is it necessary for Christians?
2. How and why is government a God-given gift?
3. What keeps you from obeying Rom. 13:1-7? How does obedience to it put the Gospel on display?
4. What are your top three gripes about the governing authorities? What are you most thankful for?
5. What example did a Jesus set? (Matt. 17:24–27 and 22:15-22)
6. What kind of attitude should we have towards civil authority? (Mark 12:13-17; 1 Peter 2:13-17; Rev. 13)
7. What about civil disobedience? (Ex. 1:17; Dan. 3:16-18; 6:7, 10; Acts 4:19–20, 5:28–29)
8. What can you do to bless those God has placed in authority over you? (1 Tim. 2:1-2; 1 Peter 3:13-17; in the church, Heb. 13:17-18).