Topic: Being Transformed Passage: 2 Corinthians 3:18
- Describe specific character traits and heart attitudes that would characterize someone who is conformed to the image of Christ. Come up with the most complete picture you can of what spiritual maturity looks like.
- Discuss the transformation process Paul describes in 2 Cor. 3:18. To put it another way, how do we move from where we are toward spiritual maturity?
- What are the main obstacles to your growth in godliness right now? How can you remove or overcome these obstacles?
- What motivates you to grow spiritually? How can we increase our desire for holiness?
- What other passages impact how we think about growing in spiritual maturity? Discuss these as a group and try to flesh out everyone’s understanding even further. (see esp. 1 John 2:15, Phil. 2:13, Col. 3:2, Phil 1:20-21)
- What are some practical ways you can encourage one another to grow this year? Is there anything you can do or commit to as a group that would help everyone grow in holiness?