We Are Not In Control
Passage: Ecclesiastes 1:1–1:11
- How would you explain the meaning of “vanity” in Ecclesiastes in your own words?
- What are three things that you want to change about your life and three things you would like to stay the same?
- Discuss a time where you feel like you made progress or gained something but found out you were dissatisfied quickly.
- How are mankind’s attempts to change, control, and manipulate outcomes rooted in pagan unbelief?
- How can the repetitive nature of life actually free you to live more fully and focus on God’s faithfulness?
- Do you find the message of Ecclesiastes 1:1-11 depressing or encouraging?
- How is the truth that you are not in control freeing?
More in Living in Light of Dying
March 29, 2020We Cannot Figure This Out!