The Work of the Word
Topic: The Work of the Word Passage: 1 Thessalonians 2:13–2:16
Sermon Application Questions:
- Why is it so important to clarify that the Word of God is actually the Word of God and not the word man? (2 Peter 1:19-21)
- Why does it make Christian leaders so thankful when those they preach the Word to receive what they hear and accept it gladly into their life?
- What does it look like to put the welcome mat out and be hospitable to the Word?
- Why is it insufficient and inadequate to just tack the Bible onto your life as some kind of addition or helpful advice for daily living?
- How does the Bible describe the work of the Word? (Ps. 19:7-14; Is. 55:8-13; 2 Tim. 3:14-17)
- What work does the Word of God do on those who do not believe? (1 Thess. 2:14-16; 2 Peter 3:15-18)
- How has God used the Word of God to change your life?