Weekly Student Ministry Updates
Grace Church Junior High and High School Families,
In times of stability and in times of turmoil God remains in absolute control over every molecule. In God’s providence we have been forced to suspend our regular meeting times as a church family for the time being. In an effort to continue serving your family we would like to introduce you to our plan moving forward. Until further notice we plan to…
- Send an email every Wednesday including an update, a short video devotional from YouTube, a question for family discussion, and a sermon that would be helpful to listen to as a family.
- Each group will meet virtually Wednesday nights 6:30-7:30PM starting next Wednesday 3/25 (details to follow). These meetings will include prayer and perhaps a short lesson or other fun activity (we are currently exploring what can be done).
- Depending on how long we are unable to meet we may try to hold other virtual meetings or events. Keep an eye out for email communication from us.
For today here is…
- A helpful video on Overcoming Obstacles in Bible Reading (Part 1)
- Question for Discussion: What do the following verses teach us about why God allows suffering in the world? John 11:1-4, Psalm 119:71, Job 33:29-20, Romans 8:18
- A sermon on hope in difficult seasons, Therefore I Have Hope
Trusting the Lord together,
Andrew McNeill & Tim Ma (Junior High Leaders)
Matthew Holbrook, Matthew Ma, & Connor Hass (High School)
The goal of student ministries is to follow Grace Orange in its goal to be a Christ-centered community intent on proclaiming the gospel, making disciples, and sacrificially serving Jesus. We value Biblical teaching that aims to lead students to worship, prayer, and obedience. We want students to have hearts that have been transformed by the gospel and are filled with love for God and joy in Christ.
Through both discipleship groups and growing relationships between one another, we hope that each student develops rich and intimate friendships, enjoying the unity of the Spirit within the body of Christ. Additionally, we emphasize service and care for others at home, at church, and in the community.
In all of this, we desire to continue to affirm the role of parents as the primary teachers in the lives of their children and to support and equip them as spiritual leaders in the home.
-- Andrew McNeill, Associate Pastor
Junior High Ministry
Jr. High meets at 9:30am on Sundays and Wednesday nights at 6:30-8:30pm in modular B-3. This ministry is led by Andrew McNeill and Tim Ma.
For more information about the Jr. High Group or upcoming events, contact Andrew - email | 714-633-8867 x223
The high school group meets on Sundays at 9:30am and Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8:30pm in room 201. This ministry is led by Dan Martin and Matthew Holbrook. For more information, visit the high school Facebook page.
Anchored is a ministry for young adults ages 18-25 and meets on Sunday nights at 6:00pm at the Clark's home. Anchored is led by Matthew Holbrook. For more information, visit the Anchored Facebook page.
Listen to Oh Holy Night & Silent Night as performed by our girls choir on December 23rd, 2018.