If you do not receive bi-weekly updates via email you can sign up here.
March 26, 2021
Grace Church Family,
Throughout this past year we have consistently asked “What would glorify God?”, “What does His Word require?”, and “How can we wisely shepherd this flock?” As your elders, we take our biblical calling very seriously. We seek to make God-honoring decisions for the flock God has charged us to care for and watch over. We look to the Chief Shepherd, Jesus, to lead us, as we lead you.
We are resolute about doing what the church is called to do in Scripture. We are not bound to a building or certain hours. We have freedom in choosing forms and formats. We will never neglect or forsake gathering together to worship God, preach the Word, praise Him in song, pray together, celebrate the Lord’s Supper and believer’s baptism, and do the one-anothers. We will always seek to honor Jesus Christ.
We have enjoyed worshipping under the big tent since June 7, 2020. In the summer, youth groups, small groups, Bible studies, and Home Groups began meeting again. In the fall, Early childhood classes and Awana reconvened. By February, Sunday Bible classes restarted. We have had more multigenerational opportunities to worship, learn, and serve together than ever!
Going forward, we plan to keep the tent through June 30. We plan to reconvene indoor worship services in our worship center beginning June 6. Our worship services will be led from indoors (Approx. 80-100 seats. Masks will not be required). We will also have an outdoor overflow area. During the month of June, the tent will be utilized for midweek ministries and Vacation Bible School June 21-25.
It is a joy to follow Christ together with all of you. We pray for God’s glory to be revealed even more clearly as He saves and sanctifies as He wills and as our body goes in His power to reach into the community and to the ends of the earth with the gospel.
Yours in Christ,
The Grace Elders
Click here for the January 8, 2021 update.
Click here for the December 4, 2020 update.
Click here for the November 17, 2020 update.
Click here for the October 10, 2020 update.
April 16, 2021
Grace Church Family,
On Sunday we will feast on some of the final words in Ecclesiastes. Chapter 12, verses 2-8 show life’s opportunity and death’s inevitability; the sobering reality of the eventual decline and deterioration of our bodies, and then death.
Solomon exhorts the relatively young to serve God while they have motivation and strength to do so. It is a strong reminder for the relatively old to consider their ways. We will see how he invites us to serve God while we have time so that we will please God.
Please pray as we prep for what’s next, as God leads and provides. We have ministry opportunities in our homes, church, and community; projects in the works (painting, creating MPR storage, refreshing plaza, plans for a multi-use building), and we are moving back inside soon! God is so good and kind to us.
Grace and Mercy,
DOWNLOAD THE CHURCH CENTER APP!
Stay connected with us through the Church Center app! Church Center app is available for free on Android and iOS here. Find us on Church Center here.
JOIN US THIS SUNDAY!
- We meet in-person under the tent at 8:00, 9:30, & 11:00 am. Livestream on YouTube here at 9:30 am. Join us to worship the King!
- Anclados en Cristo - Servicio en Español 11:00 am.
- We need help in preparing for services under the tent! If you are able and willing to help, sign up here.
- Children's Ministry is available all three services for birth - 2nd Grade.
- Multigenerational Bible classes are available all three services for 3rd grade - adults
HOW TO STUDY THE BIBLE
Hearing, Understanding, and Obeying God’s Word. Wednesday, April 21st, 6:30-8:00 pm in A1. Taught by Pastor Mike. Sign up here.
For all those interested in learning more about Grace Church and linking up with us in life and ministry. Wednesday, April 28th, 6:30 pm in A1. Sign up here.
- Missionary Prayer & Care - Monday, April 19th, 7:00 pm via zoom. Sign up and info here.
- Women of the Word - Thursday Mornings from 9:30-11:30 am, sign up here. Thursday Evening 6:45-8:30 pm, sign up here. Both meeting in the Worship Center.
- Friday Morning Bible Study - Starting April 23rd, 9:00-11:00 am at GCO. 6-week Bible study on Romans 8. Sign up here.
MEN OF THE WORD
Every Friday from 6:30-7:30 am in the Worship Center. Studying the book of Jude, "Contending for the Faith". If you cannot join in person, livestream here.
View our GCO Summer 2021 Calendar here.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
Sign up for Vacation Bible School (June 21-25) here.
We are looking for a Facilities Manager. For more information, job description, and application go here.
IN-PERSON & VIRTUAL GROUPS
- Anchored [Sun. April 18] Meets 6:30 pm at GCO
- The Open Door [Tues. April 20] Meets at 7:00 pm at GCO
- Awana [Wed. April 21] Meets 6:30 pm at GCO
- Jr. High [Wed. April 21] Meets 6:30 pm at GCO
- High School [Wed. April 21] Meets 6:30 pm at GCO
- Women of the Word AM [Thurs. April 22] Meets 9:30 am at GCO
- Women of the Word PM [Thurs. April 22] Meets 6:45 pm at GCO
- Men of the Word [Fri. April 23] Meets 6:30 am at GCO
Read the new Elder Update here.
Every believer at Grace needs to consider how to engage their God-given gifts to serve Jesus and bless others! 1st step: Go to our Serve at Grace link (here) to express your interest. A ministry leader will reach out to you. Urgent Need: GCO Facility Maintenance Crew.
If you or someone you know is in need of Biblical Counseling please contact either Randy Clark email@example.com or Christina Krebs firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
BLESSING, CARING, HELPING
If you need help or you are able to help others, click here or contact Randy Clark 714-599-3620 or email.
- Click HERE to watch the sermon video from Sunday!
- God's Truth for Trying Times Devotional
- GCO Updates
- Ordinary Church Podcast
- Online, give online here
- Mail directly to church - 2201 E. Fairhaven Ave., Orange, CA 92869
Thank you for your joyful, thoughtful, sacrificial, gracious giving that has enabled us to do so much ministry this year. We are looking forward to what God enables us to do with that which is entrusted to us in the coming year as we continue to joyfully, thoughtfully, sacrificially, and generously give.