Click here to subscribe to the Weekly Announcements email.
July 21-27, 2019
A NOTE FROM PASTOR MIKE
Grace Church Family,
I’m writing once again from the Master’s Seminary in Sun Valley, and my expositional preaching class. Once again, it is really good, I miss you lots, and I am praying consistently for you. It is a gift from God to walk with you in life and ministry and remember each other before God’s throne. We are dependent on God. Apart from Jesus we can do nothing (John 15:5). We trust Him with awe, walk in His ways, love Him, serve Him with our entire being, and obey what He says in His Word, all for His glory and other’s good.
I’ve been thinking about how exciting it is for us as a church to raise up and send out leaders for Gospel purposes, especially in Cherry Valley and Rancho Cucamonga. I’ve been asked to speak on this topic next week at our annual gathering of Grace churches (Charis Fellowship) in Auburn, CA. Please pray for me as I bring the Word and encourage others to trust God and not ourselves as He surprises, stretches, humbles, and invigorates us with opportunities to partner in Gospel opportunities.
On Sunday, Newton Chilingulo, a pastor friend of mine from Malawi (who has preached at Grace previously and many of you know), will be preaching Romans 12:3-5, about the proper attitude called for because of the grace given to us in Christ. As we offer ourselves to God and He transforms us by His Word, it focuses us on the humility of believers amidst the diversity God has given us in the body of Christ as we serve God. Be praying for open hearts to worship God as you hear and obey the Word.
For Jesus and the Gospel,
P.S. My class goes until 7/23, then the family is heading to Auburn for the Grace conference, then on to Yosemite for several days. I’ll be back in the office 8/1. Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday 8/4.
**Check out our new podcast!!!! Find it on the website here!
Interested in helping at Grace? We currently need helpers for the Monday maintenance crew. Contact the church office for more info.
Pastoral Care: If you have family in the hospital, need prayer or pastoral counsel this week, contact: Andrew McNeill
Sunday Morning Songs: Here is the list of worship songs we will be singing this Sunday!
- July 22-26 [Mon-Fri] Park Ministry Day Camp
- Spanish/English Conversations: Want to learn Spanish? Teach English? Learn how to get involved here.
- Fountain Assisted Living ministry: Learn more here
- Church Revitalizations: We encourage you to visit Grace Rancho and Cherry Valley on any upcoming Sunday!
- July 24 [Wednesday] Youth Beach Day
- July 31 [Wednesday] Youth Serve Day
- July 29-Aug 2 [Mon-Fri] Music Mania 2019
- August 7 [Wednesday] Youth Swim Day
- August 25 [Sunday] Children's Ministry Leader/Volunteer Training
- November 1-3 [Fri-Sun] SAVE THE DATE: Women's Retreat
- July 19 [Friday] Men of the Word
- July 20 [Saturday] Men's Breakfast
- Oct 4-6 [Fri-Sun] SAVE THE DATE: Men's Retreat
PRIME TIME (55+)
- August 16 [Friday] Beach BBQ
ANCHORED (College age)
- July 21 [Sunday] Meet at the Clark's
THE OPEN DOOR (Post-College/Career)
- July 23 [Tuesday] Meet at the Licata's
WEEKLY AT GRACE
- [Sunday] Service Times: 8:15 am | 9:45 am | 11:15 am
- [Sunday] Prayer (Modular A-1)
- [Wednesday] Park Night | Jr. High | High School
- [Friday] Men of the Word | Men's Bible Study
July 21 - Proper Attitude to the Graces Given Romans 12:3-5
GO WITH GRACE
Received to date (since 12/2014): $675K
Want to know more? Click here
Fill out my online form.