Click here to subscribe to the Weekly Announcements email.
October 21-27, 2018
A NOTE FROM PASTOR MIKE
Grace Church Family,
It is common to be insecure in one’s standing, position, or relationships. Too often we worry about being rejected or cast aside. We battle insecurity and learn to compensate. Sometimes we overcompensate and try to control. But what if you could have unwavering security in your standing in Christ and also solid-footed security in daily life as you await heaven? What if it isn’t just possible, but already provided?
On Sunday we will take a deep dive into reassuring, security-building biblical truth regarding what God was doing behind the scenes before we even existed. Specifically, God’s foreknowing and predestining believers. It is to our supreme blessing and advantage that God has gifted us with the knowledge of these truths, aka the first two links in “The Golden Chain of Salvation”. We will see what they are connected to and why it is so big on God’s mind.
Please consider some preliminary questions with me: What causes spiritual insecurity? What are some good and bad things we do to overcome insecurity? Why does God “pull the curtain back” and tell us what He was doing behind the scenes before we existed? How does knowing you were sovereignly chosen by God encourage you? How does God’s grace cause you to prioritize worshipping Christ in all His preeminence?
For Jesus and the Gospel,
P. S. Please pray for the 70+ men at the GCO Men’s Retreat this weekend!
Pastoral Care: For any emergency pastoral care need, contact: Andrew McNeill
GCO Staff Update: We are excited to announce Kelly Gallagher as our new Office Manager. She will officially begin November 1. Kelly and her husband Jason, and children Aubrey and Shaun, have attended GCO since 2014.
Welcome New Members Jason Gallagher and Erin Murphy: Want to know more? Attend the Membership Matters class starting Nov. 11. Info and sign-up here!
Sunday Morning Songs: Listen to this Sunday’s worship songs we will be singing!
40 Days for Life: Interested in advocating for the unborn? Find out how you can be involved here.
Officer Nominations: It is time again to recommend people in our congregation to serve as elders and deacons/deaconesses. Prayerfully consider who God may have gifted and called to serve in one of these servant-leader positions. Check out the process and how you can make nominations here.
- October 21 [Sunday] Family Worship Class - Equipping Parents/Cultivating a Lifestyle of Worship
- October 24 [Wednesday] GBI: Forgotten Doctrines - Free Will/The Will of Man (In Salvation and Sanctification)
- October 28 [Sunday] Threefold Communion
- November 11 [Sunday] Thanksgiving Praise Gathering
- October 21 [Sunday] ESL Toastmasters
- October 25 [Thursday] El Modena Family Party: Learn more here
- November 17 [Saturday] Operation Christmas Child Packing Party
- Fountain Assisted Living Ministry: Help us provide worship services for the residents. Learn more here
- November 26 [Monday] Women's Missionary PAC (Prayer and Care)
- December 8 [Saturday] Christmas Brunch - Behold Our God
- October 19-21 [Fri-Sun] Men's Retreat
- November 17 [Saturday] Men's Breakfast
ANCHORED (College age)
- October 21 [Sunday] Meet at the Clark's
THE OPEN DOOR (Post-College/Career)
- October 23 [Tuesday] Meet at the Licata's
WEEKLY AT GRACE
- [Sunday] Service Times: 8:15am | 9:45 am | 11:15 am
- [Sunday] Prayer (Modular A-1)
- [Wednesday] Park Night | Awana | Jr. High | High School
- [Thursday] Women's Bible Studies
- [Friday] Prayer (Worship Center) | Men's Bible Study | Women's Bible Study
October 21 - The Golden Chain of Salvation Romans 8:29-30
GO WITH GRACE
Received to date (since 12/2014): $621K
Want to know more? Click here
Fill out my online form.