November 17-23, 2019
A NOTE FROM PASTOR MIKE
Grace Church Family,
We are rounding the corner and heading for home with the book of Romans! It’s bittersweet but also exciting, when you see what’s left in this beautifully grace-filled letter. Especially what’s coming up this Sunday. It’s a great big warning to be watchful of any who would cause divisions and stumbling blocks in local churches.
Last week we saw that when everyone is doing their part, everyone fulfilling their God ordained role, the church is a beautiful place. This week something a little more sobering: when division goes unchecked the church is a dangerous place. Kind of surprising for Paul to slip this in at the end of Romans, but also so necessary, back then and now!
Romans 16:17-23 tells us to be wise in what is good and innocent in what is evil. Be thinking clearly, make good choices, and stay away from what is bad, especially people who cause divisions in the church. It is easy to almost unknowingly get deceived and start becoming a pawn of the devil. That’s just something that no true believer ever wants.
Sometimes it might feel like we are walking a tightrope. There are many temptations to succumb to, but I’ll tell you what, God is so good, kind, and patient with us. Grace and mercy overflows to us in Christ. That’s the best reason to trust Jesus and walk in repentance, intent on doing what is right.
Join me Sunday as we get even more unified around these truths.
P.S. In prep for Sunday: What’s the biggest challenge with those causing divisions? Do “sneaky dividers” see you as willing to share gossip and division? If you are a magnet for this attention, how can you stop it? How can we work together in Gospel partnership?
**Check out our podcast!!!! Find it on the website here!
Pastoral Care: If you have family in the hospital, need prayer or pastoral counsel this week, contact: Randy Clark
Sunday Morning Songs: Here is the list of worship songs we will be singing this Sunday!
Find some encouraging testimony videos from the Grace Family at graceorange.org/testimonies
- November 17 - A Warning to be Watchful Romans 16:17-23
- November 17 [Sunday] Thanksgiving Praise Gathering
- December 24 [Tuesday] Christmas Eve Service. Start planning to attend now!
- November 15 [Friday] Healthy Kids Running Series. This Friday is the last meeting.
- November 17 [Sunday] ESL Toastmasters
- December 6 [Friday] Family Party at El Modena Park
- Homes of Hope January 24-26: GCO is sending a team to build a home and share the Gospel in Mexico! If you are interested contact Glen Parry.
- Fountain Assisted Living ministry: Learn more here.
- Church Revitalizations:We encourage you to visit Grace Rancho and Cherry Valley on any upcoming Sunday!
- Opportunities available to help at the OCC Processing Center in Fullerton for the months of November and December. Contact Susan Loo for more info.
- November 15 [Friday] Awana Drive-In Movie Night
- No Awana/Jr High/High School on Wednesday November 27th!
- Feb. 7-9, 2020 [Fri-Sun] Jr High and High School Winter Retreats- Save the Date!
- November 18 [Monday] Missionary Prayer and Care
- November 24 [Sunday] Decorating for Christmas Sign up here!
- December 7 [Saturday] Christmas Brunch Tickets on sale this Sunday or online here!
- December 8 [Sunday] Baby boy shower for Ellen Campbell. Contact Jill Martin for more info!
- November 15 [Friday] Men of the Word This weeks topic: God the Father
- November 16 [Saturday] Men's Breakfast
ANCHORED (College age)
- November 17 [Sunday] Not Meeting. See you at the Thanksgiving Praise Gathering!
- November 29 [Friday] Griffith Park hike. Meet at GCO at 10:00am.
- Jan. 31 - Feb. 2, 2020 [Fri-Sun] Winter Retreat - Sign up here!
THE OPEN DOOR (Post-College/Career)
- November 19 [Tuesday] Meet at the Slazas's
WEEKLY AT GRACE
- [Sunday] Service Times: 8:15 am | 9:45 am | 11:15 am
- [Sunday] Prayer (Modular A-1)
- [Wednesday] Park Night | Jr. High | High School
- [Thursday] Women of the Word | Women's Bible Study
- [Friday] Men of the Word | Men's Bible Study | Women's Bible Study
GO WITH GRACE
Received to date (since 12/2014): $706K
Want to know more? Click here