Click here to subscribe to the Weekly Announcements email.
NOVEMBER 18 - 24, 2018
A NOTE FROM PASTOR MIKE
Grace Church Family,
God is so patient with us. But is there a chance His gracious loving kindness will ever run out? When you slip into ungodly ways, anger, impatience, unkindness, and are convicted of it, do you ever wonder whether God’s patient loving care will ever run dry? Might God decide He’s had enough of us and decide to withdraw His mercy and leave us to our own ways?
God will save whom He will save. According to Romans 8:29-30 it is His choice who He foreknows, predestines, calls, justifies, and glorifies. So, would God ever reject those He has declared righteous in Christ? Will He disown any He decided to put His love upon in a saving way? It’s a valid question, and one that might cross our minds from time to time.
If we don’t get the answer right we risk misunderstanding God, misinterpreting His Word, and mistaking His ways. This is very important. It relates to our alignment with the truth. Jesus said, “you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” (John 8:32). He is the Truth. All who know Him are set free from sin and death by Him.
His saving love never ends. The whole Bible points to God‘s saving activities in Christ. God saving people, rescuing them from sin, death, and hell. God mercifully alleviating the misery sin brings. God graciously giving us eternal life with Him. It’s all a gift. Of these things we can be absolutely sure. And so we walk on, trusting Christ, with grateful hearts.
Looking forward to gathering together Sunday to praise the glory of God’s grace, and enjoying Romans 8:32 together, as we celebrate the fact that God not only graciously gave Christ for us but also guarantees to do everything necessary to save us.
P.S. Read all of Romans 8 again, then focus on v32. Try these questions on for size as you pray towards Sunday: What are the ‘all things’? What biblical proof do we have that God’s patient gracious love never runs out? What other Bible passages tell us that God gave His Son for us? What assurances does God give via these passages? How does being assured of the specific fact that God will do everything possible to bring believers safely to heaven specifically inspire you to live?
Pastoral Care: For any emergency pastoral care need, contact: Andrew McNeill
Sunday Morning Songs: Listen to this Sunday’s worship songs we will be singing!
Church Revitalizations: We encourage you to visit Grace Rancho and Cherry Valley on any upcoming Sunday!
- November 18 [Sunday] Membership Matters - It's not too late to join!
- November 28 [Wednesday] Forgotten Doctrines: Surprise topic!
- December 5 [Wednesday] Family Worship Class - Session 3
- December 16 [Sunday] Candlelight Christmas Presentation
- November 17 [Saturday] Operation Christmas Child Packing Party
- November 17 [Saturday] Emerson update at the Cech's house
- November 18 [Sunday] Angel Tree - bring your gifts to the table on the Plaza!
- November 18 [Sunday] ESL Toastmasters
- November 22-23 [Thurs - Fri] Church office closed - Happy Thanksgiving!
- November 30 - December 2 [Fri-Sun] El Modena Park Ministry Day Camp
- Fountain Assisted Living Ministry: Help us provide worship services for the residents. Learn more here
- November 26 [Monday] Women's Missionary PAC (Prayer and Care)
- December 8 [Saturday] Christmas Brunch - Behold Our God tickets available here!
- November 17 [Saturday] Men's Breakfast
ANCHORED (College age)
- November 18 [Sunday] Meet at the Clark's
THE OPEN DOOR (Post-College/Career)
- November 20 [Tuesday] No meeting this week! Happy Thanksgiving
WEEKLY AT GRACE
- [Sunday] Service Times: 8:15am | 9:45 am | 11:15 am
- [Sunday] Prayer (Modular A-1)
- [Wednesday] Park Night | Awana | Jr. High | High School
- [Thursday] Women's Bible Studies
- [Friday] Prayer (Worship Center) | Men's Bible Study | Women's Bible Study
November 18 - Loved Forever: God Graciously Gives Romans 8:32
GO WITH GRACE
Received to date (since 12/2014): $624K
Want to know more? Click here
Fill out my online form.