Click here to subscribe to the Weekly Announcements email.
May 19-25, 2019
A NOTE FROM PASTOR MIKE
Grace Church Family,
Can you think of a time in your life when there was something pretty obvious right in front of you, but you were either unable to see it or you refused to see it? Maybe it was a stop sign, or a red light, or a needy child, or something life-threatening.
Israel ignored life giving truth. They had the Gospel preached to them over and over again, before Christ came, in the Prophets, and after Christ came, through the Apostles. And yet they persisted in unbelief and they didn’t stop at that, but actively spoke against Christ. They refused to believe in Christ and they repeatedly rejected Him and spoke against Him, accusing the Truth of being untrue.
It’s a sad downward spiral of depraved antagonism and indifference. It’s the situation Paul was in before he was saved, it’s the condition he lamented in Romans 10 regarding Israel, and it‘s the condition that we find many people in today.
Why do people go against God? Why do people reject Christ? Why do they speak against Jesus so forcefully? What are the consequences? What can we do about it? We will explore this on Sunday, in Romans 10:16-21, “One Nation Against God”.
P.S. Consider the following in prep for the preaching: What is the nature of unbelief and what does it mean to disobey the Gospel? Whose unbelief are you in agony over and what are you able to do about it? Describe the passion you feel for the souls of the lost. How does God’s patience and forbearance teach you and spur you on?
**Check out our new podcast!!!! Find it on the website here!
Pastoral Care: For any emergency pastoral care need, contact: Randy Clark
Sunday Morning Songs: Listen to this Sunday’s worship songs we will be singing!
- May 18 [Saturday] All Church Work Day - We need more helpers! Click here to sign up.
- May 19 [Sunday] Membership Matters - Not too late to join!!!
- May 26-27 [Sun-Mon] All Church Campout - Deadline to sign up is 5/21!!!
- May 18 [Saturday] Bike Repair Ministry
- May 19 [Sunday] ESL Toastmasters
- May 26 [Sunday] El Modena Park Ministry meeting
- Spanish/English Conversations: Want to learn Spanish? Teach English? Learn how to get involved here.
- Fountain Assisted Living ministry: Learn more here
- Church Revitalizations: We encourage you to visit Grace Rancho and Cherry Valley on any upcoming Sunday!
- June 9 [Sunday] Promotion Sunday - K-12 will promote to the next class!
- June 24-28 [Mon-Fri] VBS 2019- Registration for now open for attenders and volunteers
- July 29-Aug 2 [Mon-Fri] Music Mania 2019
ANCHORED (College age)
- May 19 [Sunday] Meet at the Clark's
THE OPEN DOOR (Post-College/Career)
- May 21 [Tuesday] Meet at the Licata's
WEEKLY AT GRACE
- [Sunday] Service Times: 8:15 am | 9:45 am | 11:15 am
- [Sunday] Prayer (Modular A-1)
- [Wednesday] Park Night | Awana | Jr. High | High School
- [Thursday] Women's Bible Studies
- [Friday] Men of the Word | Men's Bible Study | Women's Bible Study
May 19 - One Nation Against God Romans 10:16-21
GO WITH GRACE
Received to date (since 12/2014): $672K
Want to know more? Click here
Fill out my online form.