September 15 - 21, 2019
A NOTE FROM PASTOR MIKE
Grace Church Family,
What’s the most important sermon you have ever heard? You may have heard a lot of sermons, you may have a few you remember well, but you probably don’t remember most. Yet, the cumulative effect of the Word of God on your soul is life-altering and transformative. God glorifies Himself and causes us to delight in Jesus as we savor Christ’s glory and the majesty of the Gospel revealed in the Word.
I believe the most important sermon you will ever hear is the one you will hear next. The Spirit of God wants to use the Word in your life to change you and use you for His glory. So I believe that this Sunday’s sermon is the most important sermon you will have ever heard. At least up to the minute. I also think because of what it deals with, it should rank up there with the most important sermons you have ever heard.
Romans 13:8-14 can tend to be overlooked in favor of more well-known passages such as Romans chapters 3, 8, and 12, but it’s a game-changer. When taken to heart, this portion of inspired, authoritative infallibility and inerrancy will ignite a veritable forest fire of change. When put into practice, it will set you on the path to be used by God in amazing ways. Sanctification is not instant. Growing in Christ is a gradual, gracious process, the Spirit using the Word in a yielded soul.
Join us Sunday, and prayerfully consider bringing a friend, as we explore the exciting realm of our only debt: Love, and the promises and prohibitions attached to it. We will also see what it means to “put on the Lord Jesus Christ”, and how it makes a difference in your heart, life, family, work, and all else as you seek to worship God, relate to others, and live on mission for Jesus and the Gospel.
I’m praying for you,
P.S. As always, pray for our gatherings this weekend and think on these things: If we are to owe nothing to anyone but love, what about having a car or home loan? What does all the talk about waking up, putting on, and casting off have to do with following Jesus and relating to others? What promises do the Scriptures give for the one that pays their obligation of love? What prohibitions are in place in this passage for the one who wants to please God? What does it mean to “put on the Lord Jesus Christ” and how do we stop making provision (planning out ways) to gratify our fleshly desires? Can we still enjoy a good burger or sushi or pizza with anchovies? How do we enjoy God’s good gifts of Grace without making them into idols?
**Check out our podcast!!!! Find it on the website here!
Pastoral Care: If you have family in the hospital, need prayer or pastoral counsel this week, contact: Andrew McNeill
Sunday Morning Songs: Here is the list of worship songs we will be singing this Sunday!
Job Opening- Office Manager: The Gallaghers are moving to Georgia in October, so we are looking to fill Kelly’s position! Interested? Apply at graceorange.org/jobs
- September 15 [Sunday] Home Group Leader Meeting and Lunch
- September 15 [Sunday] Ready Sunday
- September 22 [Sunday] Connecting Team Meeting and Lunch
- September 15 [Sunday] ESL Toastmasters
- October 5 [Saturday] Operation Christmas Child packing party
- Fountain Assisted Living ministry: Learn more here.
- Church Revitalizations: We encourage you to visit Grace Rancho and Cherry Valley on any upcoming Sunday!
- September 15 [Sunday] Children's Ministry Volunteer Training
- September 16 [Monday] Missionary Prayer and Care
- September 17 [Tuesday] Sewing Circle
- November 1-3 [Fri-Sun] Women's Retreat Registration deadline is Oct. 6!!
- September 13 [Friday] Men of the Word will not meet
- September 20 [Friday] Men of the Word is back with a new series!
- September 21 [Saturday] Men's Breakfast
- Oct 4-6 [Fri-Sun] Men's Retreat Online registration open
ANCHORED (College age)
- September 15 [Sunday] Meet at the Clark's
THE OPEN DOOR (Post-College/Career)
- September 17 [Tuesday] Meet at the Licata's
WEEKLY AT GRACE
- [Sunday] Service Times: 8:15 am | 9:45 am | 11:15 am
- [Sunday] Prayer (Modular A-1)
- [Wednesday] Park Night | Jr. High | High School
- [Friday] Men of the Word | Men's Bible Study
September 15 - Paying the Debt We Owe Romans 13:8-14
GO WITH GRACE
Received to date (since 12/2014): $703K
Want to know more? Click here