Click here to subscribe to the Weekly Announcements email.
January 20-26, 2019
A NOTE FROM PASTOR MIKE
Have you ever been saddened because people didn’t seem to appreciate everything you do, or did, for them? Or the privileges they have been given? Maybe your kids don’t seem to appreciate what you provide for them? Maybe someone is squandering their privileges in life, in family, in business, in friendships, or any area of life. Have you ever been guilty of not appreciating your privileges? Or worse, not seeing their significance and the reason why they exist?
If so, then you can relate to what we will see Sunday in Romans 9:4-5 how Israel had so many spiritual privileges that were all pointing to Christ, and yet they missed Christ. We will also see how easy it is for us to lean on our spiritual privileges and fail to recognize who they point to. We will see what Paul’s great agony and passion were all about: Israel’s great privileges and apostasy. But most of all we will see Christ’s great supremacy, His preeminence over all.
P.S. In prep for Sunday, what are the most common reasons people today miss Christ and what are the most common privileges they lean on instead of Him?
Pastoral Care: For any emergency pastoral care need, contact: Andrew McNeill
Sunday Morning Songs: Listen to this Sunday’s worship songs we will be singing!
- January 20 [Sunday] Threefold Evening Communion
- January 27 [Sunday] Welcome Lunch
- February 3 [Sunday] Membership Matters begins
- February 17 [Sunday] Fundamentals of the Faith begins
- February 21-23 [Thurs - Sat] Legacy Grandparenting Summit 19 - Register by Feb. 10 to get the group discount! More info here.
- January 20 [Sunday] ESL Toastmasters
- Spanish/English Conversations: Want to learn Spanish? Teach English? Learn how to get involved here.
- Fountain Assisted Living ministry: Learn more here
- Church Revitalizations: We encourage you to visit Grace Rancho and Cherry Valley on any upcoming Sunday!
- January 28 [Monday] Women's Missionary PAC (Prayer and Care)
- January 19 [Saturday] Men's Breakfast
ANCHORED (College age)
- January 20 [Sunday] No Meeting! See you tonight at Communion!
- January 25-27 [Fri - Sun] Winter Retreat
THE OPEN DOOR (Post-College/Career)
- January 22 [Tuesday] Meet at the Licata's
WEEKLY AT GRACE
- [Sunday] Service Times: 8:15 am | 9:45 am | 11:15 am
- [Sunday] Prayer (Modular A-1)
- [Wednesday] Park Night | Awana | Jr. High | High School
- [Thursday] Women's Bible Studies
- [Friday] Prayer (Worship Center) | Men's Bible Study | Women's Bible Study
January 20 - The Privileges that Point but Cannot Save Romans 9:4-5
GO WITH GRACE
Received to date (since 12/2014): $636K
Want to know more? Click here
Fill out my online form.