Click here to subscribe to the Weekly Announcements email.
March 17-23, 2019
A NOTE FROM PASTOR MIKE
Grace Church Family,
Hello my friends. Have you ever been working really hard at one thing but found out later is was the wrong thing and it kept you from the right thing? Or, when you saw the right thing you actually rejected it because you were so fixated on the wrong thing? I’m thinking of Romans 9:30-33 and how it describes the Israelites who were so focused on meticulously keeping the Law - and thinking that made them right with God - that they missed the point. The Law pointed to Jesus Christ, yet they missed Christ because they were legalistically focused on the Law. They stumbled over and were offended by Christ, who had come to give eternal life. It should have been obvious.
Also, have you ever been surprised by God with something you weren’t even looking for and God opened your eyes to an amazing blessing? I’m thinking of Gentiles described in the same passage, they weren’t fearing God or obeying His Word, but when they heard the Gospel they eagerly received the truth, they believed and were saved. That’s how it is with those chosen from before the foundation of the world, they are surprised by God’s grace.
In prep for the preaching, look over Romans chapter 9, and consider these things: What have been the most life-changing aspects of it for you? In thinking about God sovereignly choosing and saving, can you look back over your life and explain what God did (according to the Bible) and what God was doing in your own heart? Why is it so crucial that people are held accountable for their own sin and their rejection of Christ? Consider the stone motif as applied to Jesus Christ. He is the Rock and the Cornerstone and yet He is also “a stone of stumbling and rock of offense”. Why is this so? Who do you know that is stumbling over Christ and what can you do?
We will look at all these things on Sunday, so please be praying for our fellowship and for the preaching and for lives changed by God’s grace, all by God’s power, all for God’s glory.
For Jesus and the Gospel,
P.S. There are many opportunities to bless believers and unbelievers, especially those going through hard times. May we choose to bless others as God leads, and respond with love, compassion and redemptive Gospel interaction.
**Check out our new podcast!!!! Find it on the website here!
Pastoral Care: For any emergency pastoral care need, contact: Winston Weber
Sunday Morning Songs: Listen to this Sunday’s worship songs we will be singing!
- March 17 [Sunday] Fundamentals of the Faith begins
- March 20 [Wednesday] Budget Q&A
- March 23 [Saturday] Sound Board Training
- April 19 [Friday] Good Friday Threefold Communion
- April 21 [Sunday] Easter Sunday
- South Africa Team: Randy Clark, Bryan Bush and Andrew McNeill are going soon! You can support them here.
- Spanish/English Conversations: Want to learn Spanish? Teach English? Learn how to get involved here.
- Fountain Assisted Living ministry: Learn more here
- Church Revitalizations: We encourage you to visit Grace Rancho and Cherry Valley on any upcoming Sunday!
- March 22 [Friday] Free Babysitting! Parent Date Night
- July 7-13 [Sun-Sat] Hume Lake Camps for Jr High and High School - contact Dan now to get on the list!
- March 18 [Monday] Women's Missionary PAC (Prayer and Care)
- March 19 [Tuesday] Sewing Circle
- March 22 [Friday] Friday AM Bible study starts
- April 7 [Sunday] Table for Four sign ups due
ANCHORED (College age)
- March 17 [Sunday] Meet at the Clark's
THE OPEN DOOR (Post-College/Career)
- March 19 [Tuesday] Meet at the Licata's
WEEKLY AT GRACE
- [Sunday] Service Times: 8:15 am | 9:45 am | 11:15 am
- [Sunday] Prayer (Modular A-1)
- [Wednesday] Park Night | Awana | Jr. High | High School
- [Thursday] Women's Bible Studies
- [Friday] Prayer (Worship Center) | Men's Bible Study | Women's Bible Study
March 17 - Stumbling Over the Stumbling Stone Romans 9:30-33
GO WITH GRACE
Received to date (since 12/2014): $666K
Want to know more? Click here
Fill out my online form.