Grace Church family,
We truly are a family in Christ - brothers and sisters called to worship God, care for one another, and reach the world with the Gospel of the grace of God in Christ. It is a beautiful process to behold. As we respond to the supremacy of Christ, God binds our hearts together in Christian love. Therefore, we long to gather together to worship God and spur one another on to love and good deeds.
This coming Sunday I’ll be rejoicing with the flock at Grace Rancho all day long! In the morning we will have a celebration service to release them as an independent church. In the evening I’ll be speaking on “Marks of a Sending Church” - what makes us a church that equips and sends people out and what they need to do as they move forward. How a healthy sending church clings to a holy God with humility of heart. That is our desire.
At Grace on Sunday morning, you’ll be blessed as Andrew Courtis preaches. He pastors Hills Bible Church in Melbourne Australia. Andrew is a friend of mine in my preaching cohort at the Master’s Seminary. He will preach Hebrews 10:19–25 regarding responding to the supremacy of Christ. Please read the passage in preparation for Sunday.
There is a pretty specific response called for as a result of Christ being better, greater, and stronger than all. Christ is supreme, and it calls for our supreme surrender enabled by His grace. My prayer for us as a church this year is that we would let the peace of Christ rule, the Word of Christ richly dwell, and worship Jesus in everything, as God transforms us by His Spirit through His word for His glory.
For Jesus and the Gospel,
**Check out our podcast!!!! Find it on the website here!
Pastoral Care: If you have family in the hospital, need prayer or pastoral counsel this week, contact: Andrew McNeill
Sunday Morning Songs: Here is the list of worship songs we will be singing this Sunday!
Find some encouraging testimony videos from the Grace Family at graceorange.org/testimonies
- January 19 - Responding to the Supremacy of Christ, Hebrews 10:19-25
- January 19 [Sunday] Threefold Communion. Click here for more info or to sign-up to help!
- On February 3-5 we have the privilege of hosting the Institute for Expository Preaching Conference at Grace! It is hosted by Ligonier Ministries and Dr. Steve Lawson is the conference speaker. We need a big team of joyful and willing volunteers to help us host this conference. We need people to help greet arriving guests, serve snacks and meals, provide security, direct traffic, etc. Your gracious hospitality will make this event a phenomenal success! Pray that we will be a blessing to the 200+ people planning to attend. To volunteer please sign up here. Questions? Please contact Bryan Bush
- Homes of Hope January 24-26: GCO is sending a team to build a home and share the Gospel in Mexico! If you are interested contact Glen Parry
- Fountain Assisted Living ministry: Learn more here
- Church Revitalizations: We encourage you to visit Grace Rancho and Cherry Valley on any upcoming Sunday!
- Take home Bible lessons: Kin, 1st&2nd, 3rd&4th, 5th&6th
- Feb. 7-9, 2020 [Fri-Sun] Jr High Winter Retreat - Sign up here!
- Feb. 7-9, 2020 [Fri-Sun] High School Winter Retreat - Sign up here!
- January 17 [Friday] Morning Bible study
- January 21 [Tuesday] Sewing Circle
- January 23 [Thursday] Morning and evening Bible studies
- January 27 [Monday] Missionary Prayer & Care
ANCHORED (College age)
- January 19 [Sunday] Not meeting this week, see you at Threefold Communion!
- Jan. 31 - Feb. 2, 2020 [Fri-Sun] Winter Retreat - Sign up here!
THE OPEN DOOR (Post-College/Career)
- January 21 [Tuesday] Meeting at the Slazas's home
WEEKLY AT GRACE
- [Sunday] Service Times: 8:15 am | 9:45 am | 11:15 am
- [Sunday] Prayer (Modular A-1)
- [Wednesday] Park Night | Jr. High | High School
- [Thursday] Women of the Word | Women's Bible Study
- [Friday] Men of the Word | Men's Bible Study | Women's Bible Study
GO WITH GRACE
Received to date (since 12/2014): $711K
Want to know more? Click here