Christ’s Abundant Conduits of Comfort
There is always mercy, and comfort, in Christ. Paul reminds us in 2 Cor. 1:3-5.
What you need most today is to be reminded of God’s many consolations.
Jesus said, "Let not your heart be troubled." "I go to prepare a place for you." "I’ll come again." The best is yet to come. Christ’s comfort now makes us long for heaven. There will one day be no more tears or sadness or reason to be comforted.
All sin will be removed. The curse will be fully and finally eradicated. We will have pure joy in the presence of God forever.
UNTIL THEN...God is with His people. He comforts, with His powerful presence. He says, "I am always with you." "I will help you." "I will strengthen you." "I will uphold you."
To accomplish His purpose He gives... CONDUITS OF COMFORT. Pipelines of provision.
1. The Word...Encouragement. Can’t have too much. Ps. 94:19 "when anxiety overwhelms me, your consolation delights my soul." When anxieties multiply - like swarming bees - God’s comfort delights your soul.
Psalm 119:50 "This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life."
Psalm 119:76 "Let your steadfast love comfort me according to your promise to your servant."
Psalm 119:82 "My eyes long for your promise; I ask, "When will you comfort me?"
Acts 9:31 "Walking in the fear of the Lord and the comfort of the Holy Spirit they multiplied."
Rom. 15:4 “For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.” Why we go to the Word for comfort. Why Gideon Bibles were in hotel rooms, for comfort. Were it not for Christ and the Scriptures, you wouldn’t have a framework to see the His handiwork in the details.
2. Prayer. Cast burdens on the lord. Commit trouble sot him. Ask for peace and joy. Col. 4:2 devote, focus mind.
3. Fellowship with others. Isolation increases dismay. Mind goes downhill. Find ways to connect.
4. Worship. Sing. Praise God with His people. We can’t! Find ways. God grants calm and comfort. God gives good & perfect gifts. Common grace. Fresh air. A quiet evening. A walk in the neighborhood. Stop and smell the roses. Let it lead to praise. Think on Phil. 4:8 things.
5. Ministry/service. Get in the game. Those sitting on the bench are easily discouraged. Easily focused on self.
In your grief and your pain, rest assured, the Savior, the consolation of Israel, has come. And he will return.
Christ’s abundant comfort makes ministry merciful. Makes serving satisfying. Makes you love life.
TRUTH: TRUE COMFORT IS FOUND IN CHRIST
PURPOSE: COMFORTED TO COMFORT OTHERS!
SUPPLY: CHRIST’S COMFORT IS ABUNDANT
Crisis reveals where you find comfort. Remember the truth, you’re not under your circumstances, your under God’s providence and care.
Entrust yourself to God; trust Him for what’s next.
COME to JESUS...CARRY OTHERS to JESUS...FIND COMFORT in CHRIST.
SOLI DEO GLORIA