UPDATE FOR 7/13/2020
Hello Women of Grace!
In The Power of Christian Contentment, Andrew M. Davis explains the “mysterious mindset” of contentment. Christians are to experience total satisfaction in the world and total dissatisfaction with the world. A person who has learned the secret of contentment is content in the worst of circumstances yet not content with what this world has to offer. How is it possible to be content in our broken world? Jesus himself is the best teacher of contentment. Although he occupied a throne of glory, he emptied himself as the lowliest slave. Jesus willingly submitted to a horrific and humiliating death on the cross (Phil. 2:6-8). Throughout his life, Jesus demonstrated a Father-centered focus. He freely lived according to the detailed plan of the Father. He suffered under the hand of God, and by his wounds we are healed from sin, even the sin of discontentment (Isa. 53:5). For our own contentment, we must willingly submit to our Heavenly Father’s plans and his glory. Because of Christ’s suffering, we have continual access to the Father. God now unleashes his power in our hearts allowing us to maintain contentment in any and every circumstance by prayer. “Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need” (Heb. 4:16).
Here’s the schedule for the week of 7/13:
- We have started our 6-week summer book club and you are welcome to join at any time. We are reading The Power of Christian Contentment by Andrew M. Davis. On July 16, we will cover chapters 7 and 8. If your schedule prohibits weekly attendance, just read along and come when you can. We will be meeting in the MPR this week, properly distanced! Zoom will also be available for those not comfortable with in-person meetings. Here’s the link:
Thursday-7:00-8:30 pm (password: 362325)
- Prayer structured through Scripture reading is hosted by Sarah Woodson and Coleen Anselmo. Here’s the link:
Tuesday-8:30-9:30 pm (password: 895733)
- Join us for a Hike in Irvine park this coming Saturday, July 18 from 8:00-10:00 am. We are meeting in Lot B. Turn left just passed the entrance. Fee to enter and park is $5. Please remember to wear sunscreen, and walking shoes and to bring plenty of water.
- Join our private Facebook group for the women of GCO to post encouragement, prayer requests, etc. Find the link for it HERE
- If you have a question, need anything, or just want to talk to someone, please feel free to contact Kim Derflinger or Susan Clark.
We are praying for you and look forward to seeing you soon!
Susan Clark & Kim Derflinger
Women’s Ministry Coordinators
Encourage… Equip… Excite!
Our desire is to see each woman prepared for works of service in both home and church, to see the body of Christ built up, and for people to reach unity and maturity in the faith.
“so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him: bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; being strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy”. (Colossians 1:10–11)
Listen to Susan Clark's Lesson on Contentment
Hike in Irvine Park
Saturday, July 18
On Going Programs
Women's Bible Studies
Click here for the details!
Women's Missionary PAC (Prayer and Care)
Click here for the details!
3rd Tuesday of the month from 9:30–11:30am (meets year round, except Nov. and Dec.).
Meet at the Schuler’s home in Garden Grove to help with this service ministry that contributes to the sewing needs of Threads of Love.
Contact: Jacque Schuler
Behold Our God
Listen to the audio from our 2018 Women's Christmas Brunch: Behold Our God.
Christmas Girls Choir
Listen to Oh Holy Night & Silent Night as performed by our girls choir on December 23rd, 2018.