Hello Women of Grace!
If the word “doctrine” seems dry, like crusty bread that’s hard to swallow, it’s because we don’t realize its value. Doctrine determines behavior. Put another way, what we believe affects how we behave. Sound doctrine is extremely practical because it leads to true joy. Paul uses the phrase “sound doctrine” repeatedly in his epistles. For example, he urges Titus, the young pastor, to teach “sound doctrine” to his church on the island of Crete. Paul tells him that “older women are to teach what is good, and so train the young women...” Why? So that “in everything they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior” (Titus 2:1, 3-4, 10). When we adorn sound doctrine, we robe ourselves with the Savior’s grace and truth for others to see. Sound doctrine transforms us; it changes us from the inside out. The best beauty secrets are found in sound doctrine, not in secular culture. As older women teach younger women to adorn Biblical truths, we put Christ on display and share His beauty with this broken world.
Here’s what’s ahead:
- Mentoring begins in September. We are excited to announce an opportunity to participate in a one-on-one discipleship relationship to equip you as a follower of Jesus. Mentoring is designed to facilitate mutually beneficial relationships to help us grow. All women at GCO are encouraged to participate as we “stir up one another to love and good works.” The commitment is one meeting per month from September-May. If you would like to meet with another woman from our church to develop a friendship that’s intended to nurture your spiritual growth, please join our interest list here.
- Women of the Word begins September 17th from 6:45-8:30 pm. We will meet at church for live Bible teaching, discussion, and prayer. A team of teachers will rotate weekly. Faithfulness is the theme for this year. The fall session is 8-weeks and the theme will continue through the winter and spring sessions as well. We will look at David and Paul and examine both the authors’ lives and their writings. Though we will cover only those Psalms authored by David, we will also reference other Psalms that communicate major themes within the book. The study of Paul will primarily cover Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, and Colossians. More info and sign ups here.
- Thursday Morning Bible Study begins September 24th from 9:30-11:30 am and will run for 8 weeks. More info and sign ups here.
- Friday Morning Bible Study begins September 11th from 9:00-11:00 am. This 10-week fall study will meet via Zoom. Sign up by August 24. More info and sign ups here.
- Prayer structured through Scripture reading is hosted by Sarah Woodson and Coleen Anselmo. Here’s the Zoom link:
Tuesday-8:30-9:30 pm (password: 895733)
- Join our private Facebook group for the women of GCO to post encouragement, prayer requests, etc. Find the link for it HERE
- If you have a question, need anything, or just want to talk to someone, please feel free to contact Kim Derflinger or Susan Clark.
We are praying for you and look forward to seeing you soon!
Susan Clark & Kim Derflinger
Women’s Ministry Coordinators
Encourage… Equip… Excite!
Our desire is to see each woman prepared for works of service in both home and church, to see the body of Christ built up, and for people to reach unity and maturity in the faith.
“so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him: bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; being strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy”. (Colossians 1:10–11)
Listen to Susan Clark's Lesson on Contentment
On Going Programs
Women's Bible Studies
Click here for the details!
Women's Missionary PAC (Prayer and Care)
Click here for the details!
3rd Tuesday of the month from 9:30–11:30am (meets year round, except Nov. and Dec.).
Meet at the Schuler’s home in Garden Grove to help with this service ministry that contributes to the sewing needs of Threads of Love.
Contact: Jacque Schuler
Behold Our God
Listen to the audio from our 2018 Women's Christmas Brunch: Behold Our God.
Christmas Girls Choir
Listen to Oh Holy Night & Silent Night as performed by our girls choir on December 23rd, 2018.