The Battle with Sin Within, Part 1 Romans 7:14-25
Topic: Romans Passage: Romans 7:14–7:25
Read Romans 7:14-25; Galatians 3:22-25, 5:16-18; 1 John 3:1-10, 5:1-5.
- Why is it so difficult for us to confess our sinfulness and our specific sins?
- Why are we so prone to judge others but not ourselves?
- Who in your life can you welcome (or have you welcomed), to tell you the truth about you?
- As you grow in your understanding of sanctification, think about and discuss how a thoroughly biblical view of the battle with sin within affects your views of temptation; confession of sin; accountability for thoughts, words, and actions; your interactions with people; your mercifulness vs. judgmentalness; our fight against sin and our trust in Christ.
- Why do you think God saves us and leaves us in this battle until He calls us home or Christ returns?
More in Romans
April 21, 2019Calling on Christ: From Sin and Shame to Salvation Romans 10:11-13
April 14, 2019Believe and Confess and You Will Be Saved Romans 10:8-10
April 7, 2019The Impossible Made Available Romans 10:5-7