The Groaning and The Glory, Part 2 Romans 8:18-27
Topic: Romans Passage: Romans 8:18–8:27
Read Luke 21:25-33; 1 Cor. 15:42-58; 2 Cor. 2:14-17, 5:1-15; Gal. 4:1-7; Jude 17-25
- What is the focal point of a believer’s inward groaning? Describe it from your perspective. How does your experience align with or diverge from Scripture?
- Where does a believer’s groaning come from and why do we groan?
- In this passage our adoption as sons and redemption of our bodies seem to be one and the same thing. How can that be?
- How would you help a professing believer who says they have given up hope?
- How does the believer’s heart cry for Christ to return shape our groaning and our Gospel-centered living while awaiting glory? (Rev. 22:20; 1 Cor. 16:22; Matt. 6:10)